Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"..here comes the Spider-Man."- smdh

  Every time I see the commercials for this new Spider-Man film, I cringe. I'll admit I'm a creature of habit (as ANY of my people will attest), but this just seems like the execs are trying a little too hard. After all, the last movie was 2007; not a very long time. Just when a brother gets used to the last 3 movies and characters they erase and start over. And as much as I liked the X-Men films, the fact that they turned the timeline upside down was messing with the nerd in me. X-Men: First Class (2011) did it too; but got a pass due to a well-written script (and good acting). Despite what Hollywood believes, you don't always have to change characters or eliminate them altogether. Look, my first comic was Spider-Man, and X-Men was my all-time favorite (The Phoenix Saga, anyone?). My point is this: some of us are already mixing a pitcher of haterade. I have a 44oz  cup from QuikTrip sitting next to me.  
   In my circle of geeks most of the crew is looking forward to Spidey, and I look forward to the discussion afterward. SO, I'm gonna go and see the film (out of curiousity), but this wiping-the-slate-clean stuff has gotten old. BUT I have to admit that I got "cised" when I saw THIS trailer : http://www.imdb.com/list/TB56Gm1AqRw/#play-all   (big fan of Judge Dredd).

No comments:

Post a Comment